Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Little (o.k. Long) Break and Now We're Back - And We Have BIG News!

As you've probably noticed, we've been delinquent on this blog for quite some time but our "voices" were best utilized on a different blog, a home renovation blog.  I personally loved writing about a variety of things going on in our lives but honestly, about two years ago, our world began overflowing with home renovations, DIY projects, and yard work!  So, in that vain, it made sense to switch gears and focus solely on the house stuff/blog (and even that was a challenge).

Frankly, I think more people liked the home blog  vs. our day-to-day lives but alas, we are back.  No, this does not mean the house is finished (but we're getting there)!  We have returned to this blog because our lives are moving in numerous directions far beyond home renovations.  Not to mention, we have families and friends who want frequent updates on more than just the house.

They mostly just want updates on our newest and most exciting project: Baby K!

You read it correctly, we are expecting our first child in September 2012.  For those interested in Asian culture, we hit the jackpot - - Baby Kerwin will be born on the Year of the Dragon - VERY LUCKY!

After quite a long time of trying, we feel really blessed to have made it safely into the second trimester.

Below are a couple of highlights:
  • When I found out
  • How I told Russ

I found out via home pregnancy test on Monday, January 2nd.  I awoke after a troubled sleep convinced that I was not pregnant because two nights prior, when we were in Colorado for the New Year, I took a $.99 store pregnancy test and the result was negative.  Once home though, I thought it wouldn't hurt to take the "fancy" test first thing in the morning.
The results!
My (our) whole world changed that morning.  I remember the moment I saw the words "pregnant", I was shocked, overwhelmed, overjoyed, and thankful.  While Russ still slept just five feet away in our bedroom, I took some time to collect myself, thank the Lord and made the decision not to tell Russ until I had the official blood work the NEXT day!  Plus, I wanted to put some thought into the way I was going to tell him.

The next day, I shared the good news with the amazing staff at Dr. Kerr's office.  They had been on this journey with me for a while and it was fun to celebrate with them.  I ordered a "rush" on the blood work and I later received the joyous phone call from Dr. Kerr.  She was so excited and it was a special conversation that made "it" official.

Russ (and Beba) reading the card - super special moment

The watch with engraving

The card, a little bib and the ultrasound pictures of the egg

How this whole thing started ;)
I made Russ' favorite, baby back ribs and handed him a gift bag. He opened up the gift and it was a watch and on the back, I had it engraved,"It's About Time - - Baby K 9/12".  He was super excited and that moment is one of the sweetest we've experienced as a couple in our 13 years together. I also gave him a bib and a card with the ultrasound of the follicle/egg that was our baby prior to being fertilized (long story short, I had been going to my doctor prior to ovulation for a "trigger" shot to have the most mature egg released).  I feel really fortunate to have such an extensive timeline of our little babies journey.

Baby Kerwin Due September 6, 2012

5 comments:

  1. So excited for you two and Baby K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again, you two! So exciting! Yeah, the moment you realize that it's real and that you will be having a baby is one of the most exciting moments there is (next to actually having it!)... and one you don't hear about as much. Thanks for sharing the special moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Can't wait to follow your journey. oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What joyful news! Thank you for sharing.

    Many, many blessings.

    Love and hugs,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you waiting an entire day to tell Russ and what a special way to tell him! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete