Thursday, April 19, 2012

Stealth like a puma = One cool crib

We bought our first piece of baby furniture!  I know, it's a little early but when I see something I want (and am hoping for a Craigslist miracle) I jump.  With all modesty ;) we are what some might call "Craigslist Superstars".  We've purchased most everything we own on CL (Our home for instance, car, most all materials and furniture etc...).  It's a skill one develops over time and I'm proud to say we are gold medalists in finding great deals.  We know we want a modern, hip nursery with clean lines and one that is crisp but inviting.

Initially, I "google imaged" cribs and tried to look at the pictures without knowing price, brand etc...  I immediately knew we wanted the MacLaren Netto Crib but the price tag is a little (a lot) steep for this gal.  Not to mention, Russ would likely throw me out of the second story of our house if I bought it for full price.

So...I did what we usually do when we know what we want.  I stalked Craigslist like a puma (they are very stealth ya know).  I saw one of our coveted cribs posted a couple months ago and called that very day.  Unfortunately, we were too late to the game and some turbo-shopper bought it out from under us (rats).  Not to be discouraged... because when I saw "our" crib posted again a few weeks later, you couldn't stop me (neither could the lady who was apparently coming the next day to buy it).  I swooped in early the next morning and bought that crib.  Nothing can beat the feeling of rolling down Sunset Boulevard in a Volvo wagon with a sweet crib in your backseat - Boom! 

I also managed to secure the adorable linen boxes with our purchase as well.  Winning!
Lesson #1:  Never EVER put off going to see/purchase an item you want on Craigslist - go immediately or someone like us will beat you to the punch.

1 comment: