Monday, July 27, 2009

Anniversary Weekend - Belated

Our anniversary was technically the 19th of July and while we were in Oregon, on the very same bluff overlooking the Umpqua Valley, where we partied the night away 6 years ago....we were busy building a tree house and hanging out with family in a different celebratory way. Fun, but not necessarily an "anniversary" weekend :)

Instead, we celebrated one week late and it was superb! We went to dinner at La Poubelle, had drinks with Grant and Ryan, rode bikes along the beach and enjoyed some delicious margaritas (Russ' favorite). A great way to celebrate 6 years as husband and wife (11 years total...yikes!)



Kangaroo Paws are some of my favorite little flowers...not your typical "flowers" but pretty


Although we decided not to do gifts, Russ bought me some flowers and a desk a few weeks ago, which has been a lifesaver - - I LOVE it! I gave Rusty a big ol' kiss and a couple cards over the course of the week.

Enjoying a drink at Grant's

The theme of our wedding so very long ago was "Opposites Attract" and this is still true but, as my in-laws card that they mailed us said, "some things were just meant to be together" with a picture of salt and pepper on the front...I think we are very opposite in many ways but that's what makes life so interesting!


My beautiful little desk...yeah!

Taking a break to enjoy the sunset at Venice beach. Who knows what the next year(s) will bring but we feel very blessed to have each other.

3 comments:

  1. 6 years? Wow they sure did fly by! I still remember your wedding as one of the most fun I have ever been to. So glad you guys have enjoyed your first 6 years of adventures!

    I am SO jealous of your Bedford desk (at least that's what it looks like)... dreaming of one in my office someday too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The desk looks great in your loft... I miss that little loft. It's where I first met Edward Cullen. :) Also, I THINK I see a picture of us 4 from my wedding on your desk? Is it? Aaaawwwww. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea! cheers to a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete