Thursday, September 10, 2009

House and my birthday!

A lot is going on in our world lately. Namely, we put an offer on a house and it's been "accepted". Now, we are just trusting that the Lord sees the offer/inspection/appraisal etc...through to a good finish. We've been slowly scoping LA out and we know a couple of things that we want in a home. First and foremost, we want to remain close to downtown because commuting in LA is horrific. Second, we want something that we can add value to (i.e. a fixer upper). Third, we'd love a home that, if/when we move abroad, we can rent it out without too much difficulty. We believe that this home fits the criteria but it has the potential to be a little "too" much of a fixer....LOTS of work but oh, so much potential.


I'll try to post pictures soon! Until then...my birthday pics will have to do :)


Probably my most favorite place in/around LA - -Malibu Family Winery. Free concerts and delicious wine every Friday and Saturday in the summer. The band, Uncle Daddy, was actually fantastic!

After my show, a small group of us headed to Delancey on Sunset to celebrate! It was a nice celebration with beautiful friends. This decadent chocolate cake was delicious (thanks Tricia)! mmmm. The next day, my sis also took me out after my matinee show for drinks and lunch for some quality girl time at the Cat N' Fiddle...I really do have the best sister(s) in the world!

2 comments:

  1. Glad it was a great birthday! Can't wait to see see pics of the house. We're on the house hunt up here... not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and congrats on your house!

    ReplyDelete