Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Welcome Maddox David Brink!

Hallelujah, we have another adorable addition to the "Brink" Family!


Stats: Maddox David Brink; 9/21/09; 8 lbs. 2 oz.; 20 3/4 inches; Riverbend Hospital

Ellie, David and Sydney welcomed Maddox David Brink to the world on Monday, September 21, 2009! The whole family is doing great and Sydney is very excited to have a "real" baby to help take care of :)



What a beautiful family. I can't believe she has just given birth in this photo.
During my time in Oregon, I had a chance to briefly visit with David, Ellie and Sydney at their home. I admire many things about them but I am particularly impressed with Ellie's organization and decorative flair. The entire house is already decorated in beautiful fall colors. Complete with wreaths, leaves and a scarecrow to welcome guests. Ellie is also a master at printing out photos, framing them and hanging them in their entry. I always feel like I'm walking into a "home" when I arrive and love that they are intentional about creating a "homey" space.

David showed me his ultra-fancy shed that he's been building (with Sydney's help of course) and it is truly great craftsmanship. Leave it to David Jr. to construct the mother of all sheds...maybe he has a career as a contractor. Similarly, inside the house, Ellie has everything in tip-top shape. I think she should be an assistant to Martha Stewart because her design sense (it may help that she is an interior designer/architect also) is fantastic. The nursery is absolutely adorable and I wish I had a photo to post. She made camouflage, green, brown and even a photo of my brother with his record breaking elk look masculine/chic and cool. Of course, Sydney's room is also precious complete with pink, pink and more pink! The contrast between the two rooms is stark, yet fitting.

All in all, the family is doing great and we are so incredibly happy for them all. We can't wait to see little Maddox in-person! We are already looking for flights so we don't have to wait until Christmas!



Note Sydney's shirt "Big Sister"

1 comment: